As it is 'Mothers Day' this weekend I thought I would take the opportunity to write a post about my lovely mum.
Once there was a time when I wouldn't have even let my mum give me a kiss goodbye as I went into school because it just wasn't COOL (ah to be sulky and stroppy) but now, at the ripe old age at 28 I am long passed all that awkward teen self conciousness and know that my mum is probably the best person in the world... well she made me after all!
So, in honour of Mum I thought I would write about a few reasons why she is so cool and why I love her to pieces - every day of the year and not just on Mother's Day.
WARNING: The following content could quite easily be classed as soppy....
1) She looks fabulous for her age and inspires me to aim to look after myself and my skin more so that I will do too.
2) She has always encouraged me - even if something I have wanted to do could have been seen as silly - she has never laughed at me.
3) She would always tell me to be proud of who I was and when I was an insecure teen who thought I was too fat / ugly / unpopular or whatever she would ALWAYS make me feel better and tell me why I was none of those things.
4) If I ever wanted to know the meaning of something I had heard about at school or a word kids were using that I didn't know the meaning of, my mum would tell me exactly what it meant and then if it was rude, tell me I shouldn't say it again.
5) She loves shoes and clothes just like me (I blame her for my obsession in fact) so always understands when I say that I was trying to be good with money but just COULDN'T resist when I show her new purchases.
6) Even if she doesn't agree, she will try and see my - or anyone's - point of view to understand their thoughts or feelings.
7) She is caring and will do anything for anyone no matter how much it puts herself out and even if you haven't asked her to.
8) She brought me up and taught me everything I know about manners and respect. I remember her always showing us how to hold cutlery properly and making sure we knew how important it was to say 'please' and 'thank you'.
9) Despite me being married and nearly 28 she still buys me household essentials every now and then to make sure my cupboards are full up.
10) She cooks amazing dinners and bakes the best cakes.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND.
|Happy Mothers Day!|